Sunday, July 20, 2014

Book excerpt - Syncing Forward by W. Lawrence

Book Blurb:


Would you ever travel forward in time if you knew it was a one-way trip? Mr. Martin James has no such desire, but after being injected with a mysterious drug against his will, Martin hurtles through the years. This cruel twist of fate forces him to watch his children grow up and his wife grow old in a matter of days. Only an elusive group of scientists have the ability to stop his nightmarish journey; the very people who injected him in the first place. And while Martin James hopes to find a cure before everyone he loves is gone, others are uncertain if his journey can be stopped at all.


W. Lawrence weaves a future history filled with the best and worst of humanity, highlights the blessings and curses of technology, and pushes the limits of faith and hopelessness. Above all, Syncing Forward is a tale of one man's love for his family, and their devotion to saving him from being lost forever.


Book Excerpt:

The male stranger looked down at me, dark-brown eyes hidden beneath a pair of thick glasses. He frowned in disgust as he passed. Disgusted with me? With Bruchmuller? With himself? I didn’t know. 

When their footfalls were softened by distance, Bruchmuller turned to me one last time. He delicately held a large syringe, and behind him lay three more just like it. A fifth smaller syringe was laid out as well, and panic started to set in when I finally realized Bruchmuller was about to inject me with all of them. I looked back and forth between Rajesh and the syringe, pleading with my eyes for my friend to save me from my confines, screaming into the gag incoherently.


Fear spun into unblemished terror as I convulsed against the restraints. What the hell was wrong with this man? How had I misjudged the situation so badly? What was that silvery liquid in the syringe? I screamed as loudly as the infernal gag would allow and flailed my head back and forth. 
“Shhhh,” Bruchmuller said, shaking his head lightly. “It will all be over soon enough. Now hold still, or this very large needle will break off in your body, and I trust you will not like that at all.”



Book Review.


5.0 out of 5 stars Great read!
Review By 
Donna Lull "Donna M. Lull" (Nazareth, PA) - 
An interesting concept that kept me turning the pages. Great characters that keep you interested. It is a book about family and the choices you make for them. Truly enjoyed it!

Buy the book here.

http://syncingforward.com
http://www.amazon.com/Syncing-Forward-W-Lawrence-ebook/dp/B00L2OV9XK/
http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/syncing-forward-w-lawrence/1119774164


If you have enjoyed this post, please share it with your friends. Patti Roberts - Author and book cover designer

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...