Saturday, November 3, 2012

Book Review By Ella Medler - Deadly Addiction By Kristine Cayne

Deadly Addiction is book two in the Deadly Vices series. I have read book one, Deadly Obsession, and I have enjoyed it very much. When I picked up Deadly Addiction, I expected improvement, of course, but what I didn’t expect was how thoroughly dynamite it was. Kristine Cayne has topped all my expectations with this book.

I found the background of relationships between the Iroquois and the perceived white oppressors a stroke of genius, perfectly observed and relayed with all its contemporary intricacies and complications. I learned a lot, and at the same time I was able to identify with and understand a lot of the predicaments faced by mixed-race individuals and the hurdles they must jump in order to be accepted.

The storyline touches lightly on book one, but the plot is a complete story in its own right, very well spun, with clever twists, and presenting the characters with circumstances that pose moral and ethical questions, besides the simple challenges posed by physical attraction and, in Alyssa’s case, staying alive.

The characters are real and believable, easy to identify with and engaging. I especially enjoyed the part where sweet Alyssa has one drink too many – that was so funny. The fine humour in the dialogue is pure skill.

I would recommend this book to anyone who enjoys a fast-moving story. I didn’t want to put the book down, and the last fifty pages or so were an uninterrupted adrenaline rush. The ending was very satisfying, even better than the one I envisaged and I absolutely loved Kristine for coming up with such a smart solution to a very real problem.

There are only five stars I can award to any book, and I have to say Deadly Addiction more than deserves every single shiny star there is. If I could award it more, I would. This is one author I will definitely keep an eye on. Ella Medler gives this book a "Life Changing Read" Award

 Ella's Blog - HERE

1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for posting this, Patti! And thank you, Ella!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...