· Hi Jen, what is the name of your most recent book and if you had to sum it up in 30 or less words, what would you say? My debut novel, Big Leagues, wherein a rookie sportswriter uncovers a conspiracy in the first of the quirky Foul Ball mystery series.
· If you gave some of your characters an opportunity to speak for themselves, what would they say? "And here I thought the only dangerous thing at the ballpark was bat shards and foul balls."
· Is this book part of a series? I currently have a contract for the first three books in the Foul Ball Mystery Series. Big Leagues will be followed by Curveball and Double Play. A fourth, Lights Out, is in the works.
· How did you come up with the title and cover design? The title was easy. Both figuratively in life and literally in baseball, my lead character finds herself in the Big Leagues. My publisher asked me for some ideas for my cover, but their graphic designer did the heavy lifting.
· Is there an Author that you would really like to meet? I'd love to take in a Cubs/Red Sox game with Stephen King. They're not due for interleague until 2014 so he's got some time to mull it over.
· Do you prefer ebooks, paperbacks or hardcover? All three, still. I can't get away from the tactile allure of a physical book, but I also can't deny the convenience and eco-friendliness of ebooks.
· Is there a particular movie that you preferred over the book version? I can't think of a single one. I always feel like Pretentious Writer Chick™ saying "the book is better…" but come on, it always is!
· Do you have a book trailer? I do. It's on YouTube at http://www.youtube.com/watch?
· What are your thoughts on book trailers? They're great to watch and a blast to make, every author should do one.
· Do you ever write in your PJ’s? I'm queen of the track suits, which are really just PJs with zippers.
· What are your pet peeves? Procrastination.
· Cats or dogs? Cats. (So much so, my lead character is Cat McDaniel.)
· Coffee or tea? Tea. But I love chocolate-covered espresso beans.
· What do you normally eat for breakfast? Cereal.
· If you were deserted on an island, who are 3 famous people you would want with you? Larry David, Emeril and Les Stroud.
· One of your favorite quotes - "If there's a book you really want to read, but it hasn't been written yet, then you must write it." (Toni Morrison)
· List 3 of your all time favorite books? Grapes of Wrath, Misery, Garfield Chews the Fat
· List 3 of your all time favorite movies? Back to the Future, The Fugitive, Major League
· An actor you have a crush on - Alexander Skarsgård.
· Where can your readers stalk you?
o My website: www.jenestes.com
o My Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/pages/
o My Goodreads author page: http://www.goodreads.com/
o Twitter: http://twitter.com/
o Smashwords: http://www.smashwords.com/
o Is your book in Print, ebook or both? Both, coming December 2011.
She is a committed supporter of the National Alliance for Youth Sports, the White Sox Volunteer Corps and Cubs Care/McCormick Foundation. She is also an active member of the Society of American Baseball Research (SABR), Springfield Poets & Writers, Sisters in Crime and the National Writers Union (NWU).
Like all enduring Chicago Cubs fans, Jen is an eternal optimist - despite rhyme or reason, season after heartbreaking season. She was born when the crosstown Southsiders clinched the AL West title. She left for college as the diapered Diamondbacks became the fastest team in history to win the World Series. She married while the rivaled Cards headed to yet another postseason, and… http://www.amazon.com/Jen-Estes/e/B005TOTZDU/ref=ntt_athr_dp_pel_1