Monday, January 9, 2012

Author Interview with LM Preston - Bandits - stolen treasure!

For an opportunity to win a copy of either a paperback (US) or ebook (International) of Bandits, complimentary of the Author, please leave a comment and your email address below.

Please state if you would prefer the paperback or the ebook.  Winner will be drawn on the 30th January 2012.
Where were you born and where do you call home? I was born and raised in Washington, DC.

 
Do you have plans for a new book?   Is this book part of a series?
Yes, I just finished the first book of a new YA Paranormal I'm working on and I'm currently editing The Pack-Retribution which is the follow-up novel to The Pack which came out in the Fall of 2009.
 
What or who inspired you to write?  And how long have you been writing?
My husband inspired me to start writing again which prompted my first MG book, Explorer X-Alpha. However, I used to write when I was younger just to escape all the drama I had growing up in the city with two teen parents.
Have you based any of your characters on someone you know, or real events in your own life?
I base many of my character situations on my friends. Most of my stories though are loosely based on some of the short stories I wrote in my journal as a teenager.

Do you prefer ebooks, paperbacks or hardcover?
I have just changed over to an ebook fanatic. I love my paperbacks because they are usually small enough to fit in my purse, but now that I have a nook and can download my book while on the road, at the store or the car I have a new addiction to my quick fix of books.
 
Do you have a book trailer?
Yes, and I'd love for you to go to my website and check it out: www.phenomenalonepress.com
 
Coffee or tea?
I'm a coffee addict all the way. It keeps me peppy and gives me amazing powers.

WEBSITE: www.lmpreston.com
BLOG: http://lmpreston.blogspot.com/
PARTY BLOG: http://bookpartylmpreston.blogspot.com
TWITTER: http://twitter.com/LM_Preston
FACEBOOK:http://tinyurl.com/2fev6qc

Is your book in Print, ebook or both? Both
 Book-trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=21YGz99jr2c&feature=player_embedded

BANDITS Synopsis:


Daniel’s father has gotten himself killed. A thief and a mercenary, Daniel is now determined to find the treasure his father snatched. Being a Zukar is all he knows and wants for his future. Up until his father’s murder, his father’s faltering loyalties to the Zukar hung heavy as a rift between them.  But now, with his father's blood on his hands, his time is running out to find his father’s killer, the missing treasure… and to save his world.          


He wants to go alone to retrieve his father’s stolen treasure, but he is accompanied by his flight school dropout cousin Faulk, his best friend’s stubborn little sister Jade, and his own younger brother Nickel. Jade is off limits since her brother is his best friend, but unfortunately, Jade’s set on changing his mind.  Daniel just can’t decide if she’s worth the beating he’ll get from his friend in order to have her.            


They’re on the run from the king’s officials and an unknown killer. The king desires to kill any Zukar child who is unprotected and will stop at nothing to get them. Who’s more dangerous, Daniel doesn’t know. All he knows is someone is bent on killing him and taking the treasure he thinks his father died foolishly to protect.            


Through the islands of Merwin to an unknown planet, they seek to find the treasure that changed his father’s life – all for a price that is too high. To claim the treasure, Daniel will have to test everything he knows and everything he is or will ever be in order to earn the right to save their lives and the home of those he loves.


READ 1st 25 pages:
http://www.freado.com/read/8398/bandits

Amazon link:
http://www.amazon.com/LM.-Preston/e/B002R7KUCC/ref=ntt_dp_epwbk_0
It will be sold by all major bookstores in Paperback June, 2011, then later released in ebook in Sept. 2011.
Image of LM. Preston 
Author: LM Preston
L.M. Preston was born and raised in Washington, DC. An avid reader, she loved to create poetry and short-stories as a young girl. With a thirst for knowledge she attended college at Bowie State University, and worked in the IT field as a Techie and Educator for over sixteen years. She started writing science fiction under the encouragement of her husband who was a Sci-Fi buff and her four kids. Her first published novel, Explorer X - Alpha was the beginning of her obsessive desire to write and create stories of young people who overcome unbelievable odds. She loves to write while on the porch watching her kids play or when she is traveling, which is another passion that encouraged her writing.

3 comments:

  1. Lovely interview you two. And a great giveaway as well. If I had my druthers, I'd love to have a hard copy. I'll read it and be sure to share with one of my nephews. Sounds like a books he'd love.

    Yay for LM and her next novel.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice interview. I enjoyed learning more about you, L M. Your latest book sounds good. Thanks for the giveaway. It's been awhile since I read The Pack but really liked it. If I were to win, I'd prefer the paperback. Best of luck to you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great interview, I would love a copy of an ebook.
    Thanks.

    Malvina
    darkenf(at)rocketmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...