Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Up Close & Personal with Writer - Natalie Valdes


Where were you born and where do you call home? I was born in New York, I call home wherever my family is. They are my home.

How long have you been writing? And is writing your full time occupation? I have been writing since childhood, mostly poetry and a couple of diaries here and there. Full time occupations are being a wife, a perfect daughter, and a student.

What is the name of your most recent book and if you had to sum it up in 30 or less words, what would you say? "Pinky Promise?" is my newest novel. As of now it is a Blog Story event and I plan on publishing it in September. It deals with one major promise, loss, and how things aren't always as terrible as they seem. Sometimes people do get second chances at life, maybe even literally.

If you gave some of your characters an opportunity to speak for themselves, what would they say?

Jace Carlton:

"I, Jace Carlton, do solemnly swear that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; and that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to regulations and the Uniform Code of Military Justice. So help me God..."

Do you have plans for a new book? Yes, I have been writing a medieval themed young adult romance novel. Is this book part of a series? Yes, this will be a series. And it once again will have supernatural elements, focusing on witchcraft and some magic.

What or who inspired you to write? My family is filled with artists, actors, and directors. Writing and creativity is in my blood.

And how long have you been writing? I've been writing since I was forced to write my first assignments in school, focusing solely on my imagination.

Would you like to giveaway a copy of your book on this blog? Once I have hard copies, I will be giving away many free copies.

How did you come up with the title and cover design? Patti Roberts is helping me with the cover design, she knows a lot about this and is a genius! The title is based on the book, the book is based on a promise.

Have you based any of your characters on someone you know, or real events in your own life? Some, but that's a secret.

What books have most influenced your writing most and why?Great Expectations. It was the first book ever given to me. And I will never forget it.

Is there an Author that you would really like to meet? Shakespeare or Oscar Wilde, but they're not available to be meet. So I'm going to say J.K Rowling. And then the amazing author for this Angel series, (Paradox) hehe. =]

Patti Says: good answer :)

Do you prefer ebooks, paperbacks or hardcover? Paperback or Hardcover. I'm not only a reader, but a collector. Books will be worth a lot one day. To me of course, they already are.

Where do you prefer to buy your books? The book store. Any which one.

Are you a self published (Indie) Author? YES! =]
Have you ever read a book more than once? Of course, almost everyone. I like to go back to see what I missed.

Is there a particular movie that you preferred over the book version? Dear John.

What book are you currently reading and in what format (ebook/paperback/hardcover)?On Deck I have three books. I'm struggling on making my way through "Turned," by Morgan Rice first. I'm trying to only read indie published books for my blog.

What book do you know that you will never read? None.

Are there any new Authors that have grasped your interest and why? Since I've been stalking the indie publishing world. I'll be looking out for Patti Roberts and Keary Taylor.

Patti Says: I'll hold you to that!

Is there anything you would change in your last book and why? I'm actually still revising my last book, it lacked details. Nirvana will be released at the end of August.

Who designed the cover of your book? Patti Roberts.

Patti Says: Have your say here

Do you have a book trailer? Not yet.

What are your thoughts on book trailers? LOVE THEM.

Patti Says: Me too!

Do you have any advice for other writers?Edit. Re-read. Edit. Re-read. Edit some more. AND BLOG.

What is the best advice that you have ever been given when it comes to writing? Write from the heart.

Patti Says: I agree.

Do you write under a pen name? Nope.

Do you ever write in your PJ’s? everyday, shh.

Patti says: me too :)

Cats or dogs? Dogs.

White wine or red? White.

Coffee or tea? Tea.

Favorite food? French Fries.

Vanilla or chocolate icecream? Vanilla.

:) icecream......vanilla!

What is a movie or TV show that you watched recently and really enjoyed? Supernatural, it's my favorite!

Patti Says: I love Cass - the angel :)

Where can your readers follow you?
Twitter:valdesnatalie

Is your book in Print, ebook or both? Will be on both, as of now you can view it using Scribd on my blog.


Thank you so much for taking the time to do this interview with me and allowing us a glimpse into your writing word.

Help Natalie
choose a cover for her book
.

Pinky Promise? Prologue


1 comment:

  1. Lol...great commentary! Just found you

    .please stop by my blog if you get a chance!
    Closeencounterswiththenightkind.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...