Where were you born and where do you call home?
- I was born in Seoul, Korea. Now, I call Virginia home. This is where I’d like to spend the rest of my days…unless I end up in a tropical island somewhere J
- As this interview is going on, I have been blogging for less than a day…around 12 hours ago.
What is the name of the book you most recently blogged about?
- Today I blogged about the Apocalypse Babes series by Bella Street. I talked about the 3 books out right now: The Z Word (Apocalypse Babes Book 1), The X Factor (Apocalypse Babes Book 2), and iRobotronic (Apocalypse Babes Book 3).
What did you think about the covers?
- The covers are really beautiful and are a direct reflection of the strange, but familiar dystopian world that Seffy and her friends are transported/flung/blasted to in The Z Word…pink skies, glittering sand, zombies. Yes, time-travel for all you sci-fi fans, and yes again, the “Z” in The Z Word stands for “zombies”.
If you could ask the Author 3 questions what would they be?
- I’d ask Bella Street, when did she first become interested in zombies? What made her decide to put zombies and romance in the same book? And, how many more books will there be in the Apocalypse Babes series?
Can you name one of your favorite chapters?
- No way! I couldn’t possibly decide a favorite chapter; I love the books as a whole…picking a favorite chapter? That’s just poppycock!
What was your most favorite character and why?
- In The Z Word, I’d say my favorite character would be Seffy. We experience things from her point of view and she goes through some disturbing stuff. She has dark moments of thought, and we are right there with her through it all. In The X Factor and iRobotronic, my favorite character was Trent. We really get to see deeper into his character, and I liked what he revealed. Let’s just say, “I was unconditionally and irrevocably in love with him”...ha-ha, Twilight reference.
If this book had a spin-off series, would you read the series?
- I most definitely would read a spin-off series. I am so in LOVE and OBSESSED with the Apocalypse Babes right now, you just don’t understand.
Was this a book you were asked to review or did you buy it?
- I actually just stumbled upon The Z Word while wandering on Goodreads. I kept seeing it pop up. I clicked on the book and there was mention of zombies…I love zombies. I wasn’t sure I liked zombies in a book, but I decided to check it out since it was a FREE e-book download on smashwords. I was a bit shocked at its GREATNESS. I can tell you right now, it’s not a horror novel, but more a paranormal romance. I wasn’t even asked to do a review, but felt I had to since I loved the book so much. I wanted to support Bella Street, as a new Author.
Have you written a book yourself or are you planning to in the future?
- I have no patience to do such a thing and I get easily distracted. I mean, the only way I could ever see myself writing a book is if I won the mega millions and could lock myself away. Then, maybe I could write a book. I get so crazy at times wanting things to look perfect that I would just keep re-editing, and it would take years and years.
What genre is your favorite and why?
- 100% paranormal romance. I think all girls love a good romance story, but with me loving all things supernatural, it’s just a natural choice. Everything is better when you add a little paranormal into the mix. Vampires, Weres, Shifters, Witches…I love them all. Everyone thinks I’m a bit weird...from my music, love of horror movies… Maybe that’s why I loved Bella Street’s books so much. She describes her books as “Romance with a touch of weird”. We both have a little weirdness going on.
If you were shipwrecked on a desert island what 3 book series would you want with you?
- I would want the Anita Blake series by Laurell K. Hamilton, the Monére, Children of the Moon series by Sunny, and since it’s my current addiction, the Apocalypse Babes series by Bella Street.
Is there an Author that you would really like to meet?
- No, not really. It would be really cool to actually meet an Author, but I’m not dying for it. I feel like I already know a bit about the Authors just by reading their books. I get to see into a little piece of their mind in the books they write.
Do you prefer e-books, paperbacks or hardcover?
- I love my paperbacks…probably because they are less expensive than the hardcovers. I hate having to wait for paperbacks, but I can’t afford to buy those expensive hardcovers. I just discovered e-books a couple months ago when I discovered the free kindle and nook apps. I’ve only read the free e-books. I figured while I was waiting for my favorite Authors to come out with new books, I’d give e-books a shot. There’s some really good stuff floating around… I still prefer paperbacks to e-books because I want to be able to hold my books in my hand and put them on the shelf and look at all the pretty colors J they’re like art.
Where do you prefer to buy your books?
- I used to buy everything in the world from Amazon, but since I discovered Nook, I swing over B&N sometimes. I also use smashwords now that so many of the authors on Goodreads give out freebies there. Amazon is still my #1.
Have you ever read a book more than once?
- Oh, please…I’ve read every single book I own more than once, multiple times. When I’m done with a book and the Author hasn’t put out a new one yet, I get a little crazy waiting. I start from Book 1, work my way down the line and refresh myself…
Is there a particular movie or TV series that you preferred over the book version?
- I think the only books I’ve read that have been turned into movies or shows are Twilight and Vampire Diaries. I didn’t enjoy the Vampire Diaries books that much so I guess the TV series is better. Though, I think Damon in the books is more intense than on the show.
What book are you currently reading and in what format (ebook/paperback/hardcover)?
- I am currently reading Fox by Parrisha Martelly in e-book format. Parrisha is actually a new Author. Fox is her first novel, just released on August 3rd. She’s only 21 years old…I’m in awe of her right now.
What book do you know that you will never read?
- Any book dealing with Politics, Biographies, Sports, Home & Garden…don’t care to read. I will never read a Harry Potter book…I can barely get into the movies…I just can’t read the books. I can see the attraction to it, but no.
Are there any new Authors that have grasped your interest recently and why?
- Of course, Bella Street. The only reason I created a blog was so that I could talk about the Apocalypse Babes and how freaking awesome the series is. I can’t wait for KumBaYa Much and Bite Me to come out. It’s like Kylie Minogue’s song, “Can’t Get You Out of My Head”. I can’t stop thinking about the Apocalypse Babes J People are going to think I’m psycho. Everyone needs to go and download their free copy of The Z Word. It’s currently FREE at smashwords, NOOK, and Kindle. WOOHOO!!! Go get your FREE copy right NOW!
Have you read a book that you would like to rewrite the ending of?
- The only book series I have read that has ended is Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead. The only thing I’d change about that is to NOT have it end. But now we have Bloodlines so, “It’s not like it’s the end of the world”. ßApocalypse Babes fans know all about that… J
What are your thoughts on book trailers?
- Everybody knows that book trailers suck! Or at least all the ones I see…The people who make book trailers should take a look at the fanvids people make. They look so much better than any book trailer I have ever seen. SHAME book trailer people…SHAME!
Do you have a favorite book cover - chose up to 3 if you like.
- Anita Blake series has some really awesome book covers. I love all the “instruments of death”…that’s what I call them anyway. I also really love Sunny’s Monére, Children of the Moon Series book covers. It’s what attracted me to the books in the first place…really beautiful.
Do you ever blog in your PJ’s?
- Sure, I did this morning…for my very first blog ever! Why not? You can’t see me.
Sleep in or get up early?
- Sleep in…morning people give me the creeps. Why the freak are you so happy right now? *shivers*…gives me the heebedie-jeebedies!
- black, red, and really digging hot pink right now. My nails always look like they are having a party J
What are 3 items you never leave home without?
- phone, wallet, keys
What is your most favorite electronic gadget?
- My HTC EVO phone. You can do everything on this thing. Didn’t say I knew HOW to do everything, but I hear you can. I zombified myself with an app.
Favorite book character or film character crush. Yes you can pick 2 :)
- Book crush: Dante from Mona Lisa Craving by Sunny
- Film crush: Tom Hardy, the most beautiful man alive. Google him J…and your welcome.
A character you love to hate.
- I almost said that I even love the bad guys…but then the “heifer goddess”, Aphrodite, popped into my head. She does Acheron wrong every time.
(Dark-Hunter series by Sherrilyn Kenyon)
Cats or dogs?
White wine or red?
- Wine is nasty…
Coffee or tea?
- Coffee, with cake
- Taco salad at the moment…
Vanilla or chocolate ice-cream?
What is a movie or TV show that you watched recently and really enjoyed?
- TV series called Misfits (UK) – ADDICTED! Oh my goodness…I just had this conversation on Goodreads the other day. Season 1 and 2 are on HULU right now! Go watch it.
I ♡ Simon.
Where can we STALK you?
My blog: http://monkeycstars.blogspot.com/
My facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/#!/profile.php?id=62200917
My Goodreads page: http://www.goodreads.com/user/show/5702064-cassandra
Thank you so much for taking the time to do this interview with me and allowing us a glimpse into your blogging world.
Thank you for sharing and thank you for blogging. Patti