Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Interview: Patti Roberts, author of Paradox – The Angels Are Here



Alaiel: Hi Patti, once again, thanks a lot for being here. Since this is going to be my first interview I’ll try not to make to complicated.

1. When did you decide to become a writer? What was the trigger of that decision?

It was 2008, I had just had my heart broken, I was Reading a ton of books to take my mind off feeling sorry for myself and I thought, I can do this. I actually started writing the Paradox series in 2009

2. Has your life style changed a lot since you decided to write? Most certainly. Firstly, no more broken heart. Writing is such great therapy. And secondly I feel so energized, like having a new lease on life. I even thanked the ex in my book! If it hadn’t been for him I would have never started writing.

3. What inspires you? What is your muse? Not what one would expect. I am driven by my emotions. I try to focus on emotion when I write. I have to feel the story I am telling.

4. About your book, “Paradox – The Angels Are Here”, which is your favorite character? Mine for example is Theria (besides Grace, of course) and I think it’s because her personality is a little twisted, hahaha. Oh there are so many great characters to come. Wait till you meet Theria’s twisted little friends in book 2.

5. One of the characters that I cared deeply was Hope, Grace’s “imaginary friend”. Did you have an imaginary friend when you were a child? Actually I used to believe that I had a guardian angel named Hope. She carried around a little White Mouse. Actually I think she’s still there, watching over me.

6. One of my big questions about your book was Grace’s dad… I’m sure his role is important and I’m sure he knew a lot of things that he didn’t tell anyone, not even his wife. Will we ever find out what really happened to him and who he is? Brian is never too far away from Kate or Grace. He constantly watches over them. He most certainly has his secrets, and for a very good reason he must keep them…

7. For me one of the best moments of the book was when we can see how an old man is about to die and he is not alone. With that scene believe me I cried a lot. Do you think that angels are surrounding us most of the time? I like to believe so. I cried writing that part about Abel. And for his son David that never got to heal the rift between them before Abel died. A day earlier, and everything would have been so different. NEVER miss an opportunity to tell someone how much they mean to you, how much you love them. You never know when it’s going to be too late.

8. In your next book, “Progeny of Innocence” will we find more information about the angels? Because I’d love to know more about their plans and their intentions. Book 2 is focused very much on the Angels and the part they play in Grace’s World.

9. Is there anything you would like to say to your readers? Every cloud has a silver lining. No matter how difficult life gets, there is always reason for Hope. You are never truly alone!

Well, all I can say right now is that you wrote a fantastic debut novel, Grace’ story made me laugh and made me cry. Not only it is very touchy but also very inspiring the way she fights sadness back and continues with her life while helping her mom. I think it’s a great book and an awesome read.

So, Patti, this is the interview, please, if you want to add any question or change one of mine feel free to do it.

Hugs, Alaiel – Alaiel’s blog





Thank you Alaiel, it has been a joy answering your questions. I am so glad you enjoyed the book. I can’t wait to have you read book 2 in the series. Paradox – Progeny Of Innocence.

Paradox – The Angels Are Here
Australian ebook - bookstore
US – ebook from Amazon
US – ebook from Smashwords – all formats

Createspace Here (paperback)
Thesaurus Bookstore Melbourne – paperback in store soon.

About Alaiel

1 comment:

  1. The part with Abel made me cry too! Actually this whole book made me cry, I lost my father at a young age, well not too long ago. So, I LOVE THIS BOOK. Great therapy is right.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...