Sunday, July 31, 2011

Patti Roberts - Interviewed By Suzy Turner

Q&A with author Patti Roberts

Saturday, July 30, 2011

Have you ever read a book that made you think 'wow'? If so, what book was it and why did it have such an effect on you?

That is a hard question to answer; but only because I have read a lot of books over the years that had that effect. The first one I recall was Kane and Abel by Jeffrey Archer. Now, many years later I am reading the Game Of Thrones by George R. R. Martin and I am loving that. I am a sucker now a day for a good fantasy/medieval saga.

Who is your favourite author and why?

Currently, George R. R. Martin because there is so much going on. Such a huge host of characters. It makes your head boggle but I like a book that demands you pay attention.

What is your all-time favourite book cover?

Too many to try to choose one. Way to many, people are so creative now with book covers. Some you want to blow up, frame and hang on the wall they are so lovely. Some you want to own just for the cover!

If you could have a dinner party with any authors from any time in history, who would you choose and why?

Anne Rice always comes to mind. And yet I have never read any of her books. I have seen a couple of her movies though. I loved Interview With a Vampire. And I guess I would have to say George R. R. Martin because I love the richness of his writing.

Who, or what, inspires you?

I would have to say the people that take the time on a complete unknown like myself and read my book. Time is valuable and they have invested that precious time in reading my book and that will always inspire me.

Where is your favourite place to write?

I have a writing desk in my room where I do most of my writing. But sometimes when it’s a nice day I grab my little HP laptop and head for the patio.

What is your book about?

It is about two souls being drawn together over the centuries to the present day. It is about love, loss, betrayal, Hope. It is about innocence lost. It is about the past the present and realising that nothing is as it seems.

What is your favourite film that was based on a book?

I really loved Contact with Jodi foster, but I just can’t get into the book. The same goes for PS I Love You. Love movie can’t get into the book. Boris Pasternak wrote Doctor Zhivago. I have never read the book, however, to this day the movie remains on of my all time favourites.

If your book was made into a film, who would you like to play the main characters?

I won’t say for Grace, Angela and Abaddon because I think it is important for the readers to have their on thoughts for that. But for Kate, Brian, Wade, Theria, Pandora and Siena I have these in my mind.


More faces here

Tell us a random fact about yourself.


I believe in reincarnation.

Tell us something interesting about the area where you live.

I live in Cairns. Where one of the oldest rainforests in the world, The Daintree, meets the shores of the Great Barrier Reef.

Winter or summer? Summer – I love the rain and I hate being cold!

Ebook or paperback? Used to be paperback, never hardcover, but now ebook all the way!

Favourite food? Pasta and seafood.

Sporty or couch potato? Couch. But I used to LOVE playing squash.

Cook or be cooked for? Together. Sharing the cooking is as enjoyable as sharing a meal together.

Link to your website, blog or both: Really, I have lots of links, take your pick:
eBook from Smashwords - all formats
US - eBook from Amazon
UK - eBook from Amazon
Barnes & Noble - Nook
Createspace Here (paperback)
Thesaurus Bookstore Melbourne - paperback & eBook.
YouTube Paradox Book Trailer
Paradox Blog
Twitter
Facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...