Friday, July 8, 2011

Up Close & Personal with Author - Ella Grey


Where were you born and where do you call home? I was born in the UK and I live in a reasonably small town where not much happens.

What is the name of your most recent book and if you had to sum it up in 20 or less words, what would you say? I'm currently writing an eshort series called 'A Difficult Decision'. A brief summary would be; a young girl runs away from a boarding school run by nuns to find her brother. In London she finds out that her brother has been dragged in to a turf war between werewolves and she isn't as completely human as she thinks.

If you gave some of your characters an opportunity to speak for themselves, what would they say? Rachel Valentine would probably ask me to make her life a little more normal. I drown that voice out with chocolate and coffee.

Do you have plans for a new book? Is this book part of a series? Currently I'm writing the last instalment to the 'A Difficult Decision' series but I've also written a novella, published with Echelon Press, about a fire witch called Molly O'Brien. Which is the first in a trilogy of novellas. I'm also working on my first novel as well. It's going to be a busy year lol,

What or who inspired you to write? And how long have you been writing? I've now been writing for 12 years. Originally I was inspired by Christopher Pike and L.J Smith, but that's changed as I got older and my tastes varied. Now its Stephen King, I like how most of his stories are interlinked, even if it isn't obvious.

Do you gift books to readers for book reviews? Yes I do. I've found it a great way of getting new readers. Especially if it encourages them to read more of my stories.

How did you come up with the title and cover design? I'm afraid titles have never been my strong suit, I usually play around with a general idea and pray that I'll find something that fits. The cover design for my shorts are concieved by the head editor at Echelon Press, Karen L. Syed and she does a great job. I'm not just saying that either : )

Have you based any of your characters on someone you know, or real events in your own life? Molly O'Brien, the fire witch in 'What a Way to Start the Day' is based on me. We have the same sense of humor which makes her incredibly easy to write.

Is there an Author that you would really like to meet? I would love to meet the rest of the Echelon Press writers. I'm based in the UK, so it might never happen, failing that? I would love to meet Terry Pratchett.

Do you prefer ebooks, paperbacks or hardcover? All of my work have been done in ebooks, its a great way for a new writer to become known. At some point I would love to be in paperback, which is one of the reasons I'm working so hard on the novel. I'm pretty sure that even if its released in paperback, it would also be in ebook.


What book are you currently reading and in what format (electronic/paperback/hardcover)? I've just finished 'The Folding Knife' by K. J. Parker, a great story and I'm looking forward to reading more stuff from this writer. I got it from my local library so it was in paperback.


Do you have a book trailer? No I don't, but I would be interested in learning how to do one.

What is the best advice that you have ever been given when it comes to writing? Stop questioning yourself, if you weren't a good writer, you wouldn't be published. Thanks Sean.

Do you write under a pen name? Yes, Ella Grey was orginally a character in a short I wrote a million years ago.

Cats or dogs? Cats, but don't tell my dog, he'll be upset.

Where can your readers follow you? I'm on twitter, ellagrey26 and wordpress http://www.ellagrey.wordpress.com

My blog: http://www.ellagrey.wordpress.com
My Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000921734990

My Goodreads author page: http://www.goodreads.com/author/show/4632820.Ella_Grey

Twitter: ellagrey26

Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/Ella-Grey/e/B004UI52HE/ref=ntt_athr_dp_pel_pop_1
Smashwords: http://www.smashwords.com/books/search?query=ella+grey

Is your book in Print, ebook or both? ebook.

Thank you so much for taking the time to do this interview with me and allowing us a glimpse into your writing word. Thanks for having me.
The Man in the Shadows (A Difficult Decision) by Ella Grey (Kindle Edition - Apr 12, 2011) - Kindle eBook
Buy: $0.99

Auto-delivered wirelessly

2.
What a Way to Start the Day by Ella Grey (Kindle Edition - Feb 15, 2011) - Kindle eBook
Buy: $0.99

Auto-delivered wirelessly
(3)

3.
A Heart-shaped Memory (A Difficult Decision) by Ella Grey (Kindle Edition - Jun 11, 2011) - Kindle eBook
Buy: $0.99

Auto-delivered wirelessly

4.
Searching for Michael (A Difficult Decision) by Ella Grey (Kindle Edition - Mar 7, 2011) - Kindle eBook
Buy: $0.99

Auto-delivered wirelessly

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...