Thursday, May 19, 2011

Interview By Farida Mestek


Guest Interview with Patti Roberts!

Hello Patti! Welcome to The Upper Kingdom.

Tell me, please, how long have you been writing?
I have been writing (Paradox Series) since 2009.Have you always wanted to be a writer?

I have toyed with the idea off and on for the past 20 years.

Do you remember your first writing attempts?

Yes, a children’s book but it never came together so it wasn’t meant to be.

What genre have you been writing in? What other genres would you like to pursue?
I really like the freedom of fantasy. Having said that though, I do have a rough draft of a mystery and a comedy that I will work on one day.

What are the main themes of your latest book?
I would have to say love & loss – soul mates, past lives, the eternal search.What was it inspired by?

Emotions. Events in my life that made me question and look for the bigger picture. How events shape our lives.

What goals do you set out to achieve when you start writing a new book?

I can't say that I really have a goal other than to tell a story.

Are you a fast or a slow writer? How long does it take you to write a book?

Gosh, from start to finish it is hard to say. It is all about time… And as they say, time waits for no man or woman. If I had days upon days that I could just write straight I wouldn’t think that it would take long at all. I have never had writer's block. And if I did I would change direction. I think writer's block tells you that you are going the wrong way. On the wrong path. Time to rethink and start again.

Do you ever base physical appearance of your characters on people you know, portraits or actors? Any examples or images that you'd like to share?

Most certainly. I base my Brian character (Grace’s dad) on Eric Banner. I use my Niece Audrey Maddison as the face for teenage Grace. And Gerald Butler for DR Sammy. Australian actor Alex O'Loughlin as Wade. Australian actor Chris Hemsworth as Lord Cerberus. Holly Valance as Siena (Australian). Emilie de Ravin as Pandora – also Australian. Jessica Marais or Naomi Watts as Kate. Yup, she’s an Aussie too.

Introduce the main characters from your latest book. Who are they? Let them speak for themselves. What would they like to say?

Hmmm

Grace - little and lost would say “I miss my dad.”

Angela - brooding & serious - probably wouldn't say anything. She would be too busy reading your mind.

Kate - sad - would be in the kitchen making pancakes or Banana cake, cause it is the only things she is good at cooking. And she sees that as being “motherly” and supportive.

Brian – fatherly & loving – would put Grace on his lap and tell her a story.

Wade – brooding & secretive - would be contemplating telling the truth. But wouldn’t.

Hope – guiding & mysterious - would say “Shhhh this is our secret.”

Abaddon – evil & irresistible - would be yelling at someone, breaking their neck or undressing them!

Theria – angry & spoiled – would say “Get out of my way bitch!” Then kill you anyway.

Siena – beautiful & aloof – would say “Leave it to me…” then cut your throat.

Pandora – beautiful & calculating – “look at me, I’m beautiful.”

Cerberus – gorgeous & confidant - too busy off fighting the war to be saying much at all…. Too busy looking hot!

Book 1 - Paradox - The Angels Are Here.

Lives - bound together by blood - forge an unforgettable trail of heartbreak, loss and betrayal spanning over centuries to the present day.

Nine hundred years ago, under the complete cover of darkness, the Grigorian army rose silently from their underground lair and attacked the Bulguardian Royal Palace. The bloody and violent battle between the two most legendary houses raged on. All but destroying the majestic Royal City of Altair.

It was not the first war that Juliette had endured between good and evil. And it most certainly would not be her last.

Today, A little girl's world is turned upside down by a visitor, the Angel of Death. She finds herself trapped in a nightmare, consumed by her paralyzing loss and overwhelming grief.

Haunting visions and the untimely deaths of others are a constant reminder that life and death are only a heartbeat away.

She eventually befriends the unusual little girl who moves in next door with captivating violet eyes and a profound knowledge of things that far exceeds her tender years.

"Masks camouflage the faces of both good and evil. Keeps hidden what is a truth and what is a lie."

Book 2 - Paradox - Progeny Of Innocence – comes out in November 2011.

Be sure to check out Patti's book trailer on Youtube and visit her blog.

Farida Mestek



Supporting New Authors.

Thank you for dropping by, please leave a comment and say Hi. Patti Roberts
Paradox - The Angels Are Here.

Book trailer Youtube - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IovcxyZTFuU

Amazon US - http://t.co/GkEnR05

Amazon UK http://amzn.to/eVQP0V

Smashwords http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/27156

facebook - http://tinyurl.com/3woe84l

twitter - http://twitter.com/#!/PattiRoberts7

blog - http://theangelsarehere.wordpress.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...