Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Up close and personal with Author: Lenore Wolfe


Where do you call home? Right now, Cedar Rapids Iowa, but we've bought a house in Jacksonville, Florida

Do you have plans for a new book? I have a new release coming on June 12. It's my first fantasy novel, and I'm very excited about it. I've recently put a free excerpt up on smashwords, and I've been blessed to have you feature it here. It's generating a lot of positive feedback:)

What inspired you to write your first book? My first book is Dark Warrior: To Tame a Wild Hawk. I've had it a long time. I didn't do anything with it for years. I recently edited it and put it up on Amazon and Smashwords. It's the type of Western romance with powerful western men. The kind of man who curls your toes, he's so male. But also the type of man that all women deny loving, unto their dying breath. Hawk is the kind of man that readers of Johanna Lindsay, Amanda Quick, Georgina Gentry and Laurel Lael Miller would love.

How did you come up with the title and cover design? With my romance, I had always called it Hawk, and this led to me calling it, To Tame a Wild Hawk, since he was Amanda's man to tame, so to speak. Dark Warrior came recently for promotional purposes only. The cover came from the man behind the mask, who carries a supernatural power from beyond the veil. A power that has been used for centuries to anniolate whole races.

With my new paranormal fantasy novel, her purpose throughout the entire novel is to find and get through the doorway of the Triquetra. It is the only way to regain her friend's soul. It is the doorway into the lost civlizations. Civilizations mankind has never quite failed to forget, but who have also have failed to remember. The cover picture was selected because the woman in the picture reminded me of her. All of her rings, in my mind, symbolized all the doorways she will have to learn to traverse throughout the series. This book is just the beginning of her journey. Her life, and past lives, are tied to four immortal men.

Have you based any of your characters on someone you know, or real events in your own life? The men are like men I can only remember. It's strange. It's like I remember them clearly, but they are unlike anyone I have ever known. I feel like I've been looking for someone my entire life.
What books have most influenced your writing most and why? Johanna Lindsay, because she was so honest about the type of man so many women really want, and deny wanting.

But I love paranormal writers. I love writers like Linda K Hamilton.

What book are you reading now? I'm about to start a book for a review, but I haven't decided on one. I have difficulty in finding ones that hold my interest. I have to sift through the slush pile, so to speak. But I have found some more that hold great promise in the Indie writers. These writers don't cave to the masses. They write with heart, even in romance. Especially in romance. It's not the genre, it's the heart. Even men want what's real about love.

Are there any new authors that have grasped your interest and why?
Several. I'll keep you posted.

Is there anything you would change in your last book and why? Once, I thought I would have made it more paranormal. But the west was the west, and I'm beginning to realize there's still many out there who love her.

What is your biggest challenge when it comes to your writing? Keeping focused on one story. I keep trying to write three at once. And I have several others clamoring for attention. In the past, it caused me to stop all together. I'm a deeply emotional person. I spent some years in hell, tied to a man who wanted to be a good man, but did many horrible things to me. Someday, I will find a way to write that story. It caused me to stop writing, and when I started writing again, I stopped to focus too long on marketing, but lately I've been finding ways that work for me.

Who designed the covers? I did. I have a passion for it, but I'm a little dark for romance.

Do you have a book trailer? I'm working on one right now. It should be released in the next couple of weeks.

Do you have any advice for other writers? We are at a place for writers, where we have the ability to direct the course of our own future in writing. All we ever needed was drive, determination and a lot of hard work--and, oh yeah, focus. But now, we have all these great Indie groups, and powerful companies like Amazon and Barnes and Noble, and now Smashwords to help us get our work to all of them. We have all these great ways to market, limited only by our own imaginations. All we need is the drive and dedication to see ourselves through.

And--if anyone tells you that writing, singing, art are for dreamers, don't listen. One, the person telling you those things was likely too afraid to reach for his own dreams. And two, what really is the difference between your own dreams, and those of people who succeeded in following theirs? Drive and determination, and the willingness to do the hard work to see it through. After all, if they had quit, you wouldn't know who they are, now would you?


Book trailer for Doorway of the Triquetra - Out soon.



Where can your readers follow you?

http://triquetrapresspublications.com
http://heartsoffireromance.com
http://paranormaleromance.com
http://magicallandofbooks.com
http://lenorewolfe.com
https://twitter.com/#!/lenorewolfe


Dark Warrior: To Tame a Wild Hawk
http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/431...
http://www.amazon.com/Dark-Warrior-Dark-...

Paranormal Doorway of the Triquetra
http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/546

Thank you Lenore for sharing a little about yourself with us. Patti

More on Lenore here

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...